1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Attended Origins Game Fair as just an attendee.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
This assumes I made any, which I don't recall doing. And for this year, I'm going to try something which I'll detail later.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, several friends gave birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Since I'm not remembering any funerals I attended, I'm going to go with "no".
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Peace. World, mind, ass...not that picky.
6. What countries did you visit?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Either Nov 30th, when mousecat0 had her surgery to replace a herniated disc or Dec. 24, when stoooooooo landed in the hospital due to injuries sustained during a grease fire in his kitchen.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not grinding up politicians into free hamburger for the poor.
9. What was your biggest failure?
See #8, above.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Anything that made another person smile.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
mousecat0, for not killing me anytime I hit her bad arm this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Damn near every politician. Both sides of the ideological fence.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably food, as I have a teenager and a proto-teenager. Car repairs feels like #2.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas. My wife leaving her job (and the reduction in her stress levels). My wife not being in pain.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Perform This Way -- Weird Al Yankovic
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? What?
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? I dunno.
::Aunt Becky speaks:: Okay, Meme, let me take a stab at that:
i) more or less like Justin Beaver Less. Only thing I want there is the bank account.
ii) more or less likely to decide inanimate objects looked like boobs More. I like boobs.
iii) more or less likely to watch Glee – Not sure how less likely I am to watch that crap...
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family and friends.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
I’ll make up my own question because I like to hear myself talk.
Any vacation plans for 2012?
Was going to try to hit DisneyWorld this year. I don't see it happening as I'm starting with a new company, and hopefully mousecat0 will be as well, so we won't have the vacation time.
I'm a-gonna try to do some mini-vacations. Long weekend type things.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Only with roasted garlic hummus.
23. How many one-night stands?
If I did, why in the HELL would I post it in a place where my wife could read?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
can't be bothered to waste the energy hating someone.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That there exists an industrial Hannukah song...
28. What did you want and get?
To meet Aunt Becky
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked, and 41.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less drama. Lottery winnings.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Are all the naughty bits covered? Are there no stains or tears? We're good!
34. What kept you sane?
Right. Like I was ever sane to begin with.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of them. None of them.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Don't fry bacon or chruściki in the nude.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
In this beautiful life, but there's always some sorrow
It's a double-edged knife, but there's always tomorrow
--Ordinary Day, Great Big Sea